Popularly known as Killing Paneer, this is an easy recipe to prepare on any occasion. Whether it’s a special occasion or just a small lunch with family members, this dish will never cease to impress your loved ones. Paneer Peas Gravy is a quick recipe that can be prepared in just 30 minutes. All that is needed to prepare this delicious delicacy is paneer, fresh peas, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, milk, and cashews, together with a mixture of spices. It has a rich, creamy flavor that will linger in your mouth for a long time. You can enjoy this accompanying recipe along with a stuffed kulcha or simply a simple butter naan.
Ingredients of Paneer Peas Gravy
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 small chopped potato
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon powdered Kashmiri red chili
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 large onion
- 2 large tomato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon kasoori methi powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 cashews
- 1 cup paneer
How to make Paneer Peas Gravy
- To prepare this recipe for the main dish, peel the onion and finely chop it in a bowl. Then, wash the tomatoes and cut them finely in another bowl. Peel the potato and chop it in a small bowl. Then, wash the coriander leaves and cut them finely in a bowl. Peel the cloves of garlic and finely chop them too. Now, wash the paneer and cut it on a plate. Also, soak the cashews in 2 tablespoons of warm milk. Keep all these ingredients aside until necessary.
- After cutting, place a saucepan over medium heat and heat a teaspoon of ghee in it. Once the ghee has melted, add the chopped onions in it and sauté until transparent. Now, add the garlic and sauté for a minute. Then, add the tomatoes in the pan and sauté until the mixture turns soft. To this mixture, add all the spice powder, salt and sauté until the raw smell disappears. Now turn off the stove and let this mixture cool. Add the soaked cashews to this mixture as well.
- Once the mixture is cold enough to handle, crush this mixture until you obtain a smooth paste by adding it to a blender jar. Add small amounts of water to ensure that the consistency is not so thick. Meanwhile, return the same pan to medium heat and heat 3 teaspoons of ghee in it. Once the ghee is hot enough, add cumin seeds along with the cinnamon stick. Sauté for a few seconds and then add the potatoes in cubes. Stir to mix and then add the washed peas in it and sauté well.
- Once the potatoes are soft, add the ground mixture and mix well. Sauté until the ghee comes out of the mixture. Now, add water until you reach the required consistency. Finally, add the milk together with the paneer cut into cubes in the pan and stir to mix all the ingredients once more, let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes. Cover the pan with a lid and cook until all the ingredients are well combined.
- After 10 minutes of cooking all the vegetables with milk, open the lid and check if all the vegetables are cooked. If not, cook for another 5 minutes and then turn off the stove. Sprinkle crushed methi kasoori on the prepared dish with the coriander leaves and sprinkle a spoonful of fresh cream. Stir and serve hot with jeera rice or naan/kulcha.